2017 Poster Contest - Cyber Security
Students of all ages are invited to design posters that motivate and inspire elementary, middle, high school and/or college students to pursue a career related to an area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
This year's theme is "Cyber Security."
Posters should provide information about cyber security education, careers, and/or applications.
Winners will receive:
Grand Prize: $150 Cash, Second Place: $75 Cash, Third Place: $50 Cash
Honorable mentions are awarded at judges' discretion.
All winners and honorable mentions will receive a 16"x24" copy of their poster.
Official Contest Rules:
- Winning entries are those that best reflect the theme. Winners are selected based on creativity, imagination, and the ability to inspire from among qualified entries.
- Correct spelling of all words on the poster is a MUST!
- The submitted poster must be free of proprietary and copyright restrictions.
- Contestants must know the names and addresses of all identifiable people in their posters. In addition, all people in the poster must know that their image is being submitted in this contest.
- All qualified entries received by 11:59 pm on November 6, 2017 are eligible.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 or older to enter. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must submit your poster on your behalf.
- Each contestant may enter up to three posters.
- Each poster must be accompanied by a poster submission form. To download a poster submission form, click here.
- This offer void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Previously published posters are not acceptable.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries submitted.
- Posters submitted that don’t meet the submission requirements will be disqualified.
- All personal expenses incurred while producing the poster are the responsibility of the contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notification. If not claimed, the prizes will be forfeited.
- Each winner must agree that his or her name and poster may be used by STEMposters.com for promotional and publication purposes without additional compensation. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign a release provided by STEMposters.com to this effect.
- STEMposters.com reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest should any cause beyond the control of STEMposters.com affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity of the contest, or for any reason it deems appropriate, at its sole discretion.
- Finalists will be notified by email no later than November 30, 2017. Winners will be notified by email no later than December 31, 2017.
Contestants submit a preliminary entry in a smaller file size. If the entry is selected as a finalist, the contestant will be invited to submit a final entry in the format needed for poster printing.
- The required format for the preliminary entry is 450x675 pixels at 72 dpi.
- The preliminary entry must be submitted electronically. Options include emailing the file to email@example.com or sharing the file from a google drive, dropbox, or box.com account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with submitting your file.
- The poster submission form may also be submitted electronically or may be mailed to 8920 Highland Drive, Broken Arrow, OK 74014-3240. Entries without a form will not be considered.
- Finalist entries are by invitation only.
- The required format for the finalist entry is 24"x36" at 300 dpi.
- The acceptable file types for the finalist submission may be specified at the time of notification.
- Do not submit this file until requested by STEMposters.com.
All contestants should design their posters for 24"x36" at 300 dpi and then save a copy that is 450x675 pixels at 72 dpi for initial submission. Be sure that each picture or element in your poster is also 300 dpi.